Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bullet point updates!

I know it's been a while and I have a lot to update about so bear with me. :) Gonna try to do it in a coherent form.

Health: Had an ultrasound on Monday of last week. The tech was awesome and she pretty much said that everything looked normal with the exception of a couple of small areas on my right ovary which could be either very small cysts (the largest was 1.7 cm and she said they don't even count as a cyst until they are 2.5 cm) or "follicular changes" which could indicate ovulation (which would obviously be positive!). I have a gyn appt for my annual exam on Wednesday and they are probably going to just wait and talk to me about the u/s results at the appointment. I also had blood drawn on Tuesday--6 vials between what the gyn wanted and what my regular doctor wanted!

Crafty stuff: I have been doing a lot of crocheting lately. I made two granny square pillows (one of which I have pics of to put up on Flickr at some point) for my mom and Jamie, and I'm currently in the midst of making squares for a blanket. I'm doing cream, pink, and lavender squares, each in a different design but all the same size, and I think I'll be making around 24 squares total. It's been fun and relaxing--and a good thing to do while I'm waiting around for Jamie's various activities. ;)

Homeschool stuff: Jamie starts his pottery class this week and he's looking forward to it. I'll update you guys on how it goes. :) We've started Sonlight Core 1 and aside from one book we're really enjoying it so far. I was trying to make this one book work with my philosophy and I just can't so we're dropping it and reading something else instead. :)

Other Jamie data: He lost tooth number 5 last week (there are pictures on Flickr of that!) and has been enjoying playing Zoo Tycoon lately. We took a field trip to Baltimore yesterday and visited the Science Center and the Aquarium. We really had a blast doing that except we ended up doing a lot more walking than we had intended because they were having dragonboat races in the harbor so the water taxi wasn't running over to the Science Center. So needless to say we were quite tired by the end of the day. It was a lot of fun though. :)

Oh also about Jamie (and also me): he had his church choir performance on the 31st of August and that went wonderfully. I'm now singing in the adult choir and really enjoying it. We rehearse in the morning before church (from 8:30-9:30) and then on Sunday evening for an hour from 5-6. So it's not really time-intensive but the choir sounds good and the people are so nice. The church is having the "Explorers Class" for people who want to join the next 2 Sundays and I'm excited about that--it looks like I'll be joining soon.

Other than that--I'm going to try to get back into Menu Plan Mondays! I actually sat down and wrote out my whole meal plan for this week. Last week we were bad and did a good amount of eating out so with that and the amount of money we spent in Baltimore yesterday this is going to be a week of all cooking, and the majority of our meals are coming from stuff we already have in the house or freezer. For our whole week's meals I only have to buy meat for two nights and it's ground beef both times so not even expensive. :)

That's what has been going on here--I'm going to try and get some pictures up in a post sometime soon for you guys!

0 comments: