Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Best Laid Plans

So my menu plan has fallen by the wayside this week I think, at least partially. I've been having some stomach problems--well, I have had them off and on for a while, but lately they've been almost continuous and so finally yesterday I caved in and went to the doctor. She decided to do some testing for (among other things) H. Pylori to see if that's what is causing my problem, and in the meantime, she wants me to treat it more or less like reflux--so I have to follow the reflux diet which means no spicy food, no tomatoes, no caffeine, and the worst for me, no citrus fruit! I love orange juice so I don't know what I'll do. :(

Unfortunately a lot of my meals for this week include, what else, TOMATOES! So we are having a bit of a change of plans. Ugh. Hopefully once my test results are back everything can get back to normal.

2 comments:

Angie's Spot said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Jess said...

I had to do a similar diet for a while--I could eat the spicy, but nothing else, because of the potassium--so I feel your pain! Hopefully, everything gets resolved soon!